September 4, 2008

Heavy heart...

Hi Everyone...

I just wanted to let you know that Gage is scheduled for surgery on Monday to repair the prolapse. I'm hopeful that they will be able to repair it without having to actually redo it. Yesterday morning he popped out his g-tube for me and when putting a new one in I got to see just how bad the prolapse is. I'm so happy the surgery is in less than a week.

I'm in a bit of a sad mood today...just having a hard time with all the sickness in kids. One family on my myspace list has their 3 year old special needs son in ICU with pneumonia. He spent his birthday their. My heart hurts for this family.

An old friend of mine just had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago and she is in the hospital with a rare heart defect and a lung defect fighting for her life. Again, my heart hurts.

It doesn't make sense. Kids shouldn't haven't to go through things like this. Parent's shouldn't have to see their babies suffer.
But yet it's all around us.

I don't really have much more to add right now...maybe later.
Take care.
Shannon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you guys. Let me know how the surgery goes. I have no idea why children have to suffer. It's sickening!

Christy