May 28, 2008

Hardest part about being his mommy....

For the last couple of days Gage has been a bit whinier than usual...actually him being whiny at all is odd. I haven't been overly concerned with it...just figured he was having an off few days. We all have those...right??
Tonight though was rough....after his bath and his night time feeding I got him all tucked into bed and all was well..for about 15 minutes...and then the crying started.
REAL crying...lots of tears.
HARD crying...the kind where it's hard to catch your breath.

I have no idea what prompted it. I don't know if he was scared or if something hurts. I just have no idea....and that is the hardest part.
I worry all the time that I wouldn't know if something was seriously up with him.
It scares me that I may miss something.

I really, really hate moments like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I have read it appears that you are a very good mommy. Your strength is astonishing. Of course, as would any mother or father going thru any difficult, tramatic experience will doubt themselves. I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there... God gave you this gift because he knew you could handle it.

Kim said...

ahhhh... Lily does this too. She will have screaming fits we don't know why and laughing fits. I don't know if it is a seizure or what. {hugs} communication or lack there of is the hardest part I agree.....